\alternative Not Working

From: Will Oram
Subject: \alternative Not Working
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:43:26 -0500

With one instrument playing, I can't get the \alternative's to appear correctly. The notes are printed, but the boxes above them indicating they are 1st/2nd time repeats are not.

Doing my best to reproduce what is shown in the manual:

\repeat volta 2 {
        dsharp2( gsharp)
        %%% more stuff
        }
\alternative {{ e'4 r r2 | dsharp,4-.\p bsharp-. gsharp-. bsharp-. } { e'4 e\p b r }}

Where did I goof?

Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu