Re: metronome mark

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: metronome mark
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:06:05 -0700

On 5-Aug-04, at 9:27 AM, Libero Mureddu wrote:
Can you help me to understand why the metronome marking doesn't appear in the following example?

This doesn't really help you, but I just tried your file in Lilypond 2.3.11 (after doing convert-ly), and the metronome marking appeared.

Ibook g3 800
mac os 10.3.4
lilypond 2.2.5

piano = {
  \context Staff = upper \with {
    fontSize = #-2
    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -2)

Have you tried commenting out these lines? It's just possible that the fontSize is messing up the metronome mark.

\paper {
  \context {
    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
  }

I'd also try commenting out this part. In fact, I'd try commenting out everything, one by one, until you find the thing that's disturbing the metronome mark. The alternative would be to upgrade to Lilypond 2.3.11 (it's lilypond-unstable in fink).

Sorry I couldn't help more,
- Graham