Re: Text markup locations and background

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Text markup locations and background
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:44:26 +0200

W. C. wrote:
I wanted to put a small piece of text ("ten") right beneath a note.  However, I
needed the text to appear over the staff, but \translate seems to stop as soon as the
text begins to cover the staff.  Is there any way to do this?

You can use the extra-offset property (see the mailing list archive
for lots of examples).

Also, is there any way to set the background filling of text, so that the text
has a solid white background instead of transparent?

Then, you probably have to use some inline LaTeX code.
Try something like
\header{
  latexpackages = "color"
}