Re: Swing indications in text markup?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Swing indications in text markup?
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:33:24 -0400

On Friday 06 August 2004 03:43 pm, Benjamin Esham wrote:
> I am typesetting a piece which has some "swing" sections.  In these
> sections, two eighth notes should be played as a tripletted quarter
> note and eighth note.

A swing or jazz 8th is far less different from an 8th
than a triplet, or even than a quintuplet 3:2.  Experiment
with very small time values now, it will save you time.
daveA

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,