need to move a single rest just a bit to the left

From: Patrick Stanistreet
Subject: need to move a single rest just a bit to the left
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:48:54 -0700

Starting to score some short pieces for guitar by Sor
and using lilypond 2.3.11

The measures in question have 3 voices and the upper and
lower voices are too close together on the staff so the
rest overlaps the notes.  The original manuscript moves the
center rest slightly to the left and in the clear.

In measure 17 the rest in the middle voice is positioned
in between the upper and lower voices so now I just need
to move the rest a bit to the left.  The next measure
moves the rest below the staff which I suppose is the
default.

***************************

\version "2.3.10"

global  =
{
\time  3/4
\clef  "treble"
\key c \major
\transposition c
\set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic guitar (nylon)"
}

guitarra  =
{
\global

<<  {  e''2  e''4  }  \\
    {  g'4\rest  g'2  }  \\
    {  \stemDown  c'2.  }  >>          |     %  16
%   17
<<  {  \stemUp  d''2  d''4  }  \\
%    {  r4  g'2  }  \\
    {   g'4\rest  g'2  }  \\
    {  \stemDown  f'2.  }  >>          |     %  17

<<  {  c''2  c''4  }  \\
    {  r4  g'2  }  \\
%    {  g'4\rest  g'2  }  \\
    {  \stemDown  e'2.  }  >>          |     %  18
}

\score {
  \context Staff = guitar  <<
    \set Staff.instrument =