Beats left in bar?

From: J L
Subject: Beats left in bar?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:45:19 +1200

Hi,

Here is a little suggestion from me to make Lilypond a bit easier to use.

Recently, while typesetting some stuff, I encountered this problem: bar-check failed on 1/4, etc. and spanners unbound. The reason is that I had given note values longer than the remaining beats in the bar. I was wondering whether it is possible for some extra code to be added so that Lilypond would divide the note up so that there would be no problem. (This may already exist, so please tell me what settings to use in that case)

e.g. in 3/4, I want to insert a tied note lasting 1 minum beat on the last beat of the bar. Currently, this means that I have to manually write a tie. To save beginners trouble, this could be useful. Also when composing?

Aligorith

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream