Re: ps2pdf dropping title (fixed) and incorrect segno (funny "J")

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: ps2pdf dropping title (fixed) and incorrect segno (funny "J")
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:03:30 -0700

Laura Conrad wrote:

It's sounds like an a4/letterpaper problem.  That is, your pdf file is
somehow assuming a4 paper, when the page generated is actually letter.
So the title gets chopped off, since A4 islonger and narrower than
letter.
Indeed. Thanks. Actually I see that Lilypond was getting that right. I realize that the problem was the funny "j" substituted for a segno which I fixed by rerunning dvips. And now I see that I must specify the paper size when I rerun dvips.

So the extra problem (paper size) I created by running dvips and the real problem is why the segno doesn't appear at first.

Thanks again,

Paul