Starting music with grace note problems

From: Michael Lakes
Subject: Starting music with grace note problems
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:57:18 -0700

Hi,

I posted this in the bugs, but it seems users list is more active and I'm currently looking for a workaround :)

The piece of lilypond code I have below contain two bugs. When the guitar starts with a grace note, the instrument name "Piano" will not be printed. Also the bass clef for the piano will be change to a treble clef then follow by a bass clef. If you remove the grace note, the output will look as expected.

I was able to find a workaround for the latter problem (seems to be a bug from old versions of lilypond but was never fixed), but is there any way to get the instrument name to print? In regard to grace notes, is possible to put a line through the flag like the acciaccatura or some way to adjust the slur of the acciaccatura?

Thanks

Michael

P.S. I also find some other weird problems with grace/acciaccatura notes but that's probably for another post :-)

%============================
gtr = \notes {
        \set Staff.instrument = "Guitar"
        \grace g16 a1