Re: Starting music with grace note problems

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Starting music with grace note problems
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:47:53 +0200

On Thursday 19 August 2004 00.57, Michael Lakes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this in the bugs, but it seems users list is more active and I'm
> currently looking for a workaround :)

AFAICT, no mail has arrived in lily-bugs.

> The piece of lilypond code I have below contain two bugs.  When the guitar
> starts with a grace note, the instrument name "Piano" will not be printed.

Certainly a bug. I added it to our database.

> Also the bass clef for the piano will be change to a treble clef then
> follow by a bass clef.

This is due to the way time works in lilypond. Workaround: Add a skip grace
after the clef change, like
        \new Staff { \notes {\clef bass \grace s8 c1}}

> In regard to grace notes, is possible to
> put a line through the flag like the acciaccatura or some way to adjust the
> slur of the acciaccatura?

Try \override Stem #'stroke-style = #"grace"

> P.S. I also find some other weird problems with grace/acciaccatura notes
> but that's probably for another post :-)

you're welcome to post them.. We're always happy for bug reports.

Erik