Re: grace notes before time signature?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: grace notes before time signature?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:17:27 +0200

On Monday 23 August 2004 01.25, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
> Erik:
> > (ugly, but it should work)
>
> Yup (to both!)...  ;-)
> Thanks!
>
> BTW: is this a known "bug"/"feature", or should I report it?

It's a consequence of the way grace note timing currently works.
After thinking twice, I found that there probably is a better fix for your
problem as well: Insert a skip grace note after your time sig change. I.e.,
if your current music is:

<<
\new Staff {c1 | \grace c8 c4 c c }
\new Staff {c1 | \time 3/4 c4 c c }

then try

<<
\new Staff {c1 | \grace c8 c4 c c }
\new Staff {c1 | \time 3/4 \grace s8 c4 c c }

this way the time sig is moved before the grace note in time.

Erik