Re: Lillypond/Cygwin installation troubles

From: Mathias Biilmann Christensen
Subject: Re: Lillypond/Cygwin installation troubles
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:55:36 +0200

Hey again, and sorry for the slow reply. Went on vacation just before I got the mail.

I checked setup.exe and the tetex-bin package was installed.

This is what running the two commands you gave me:

$  cygcheck kpsewhich
Found: c:\cygwin\bin\kpsewhich.exe
Found: d:\texmf\miktex\bin\kpsewhich.exe
Found: d:\Programmer\TeXLive\bin\win32\kpsewhich.exe
c:/cygwin/bin/kpsewhich.exe
 c:\cygwin\bin\cygkpathsea-3.dll
   c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
     C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
       C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll
       C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll
       C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll

$  printenv TEXMF
{/usr/share/lilypond/2.2.2,}

Hope this helps...

Regars,
Mathias

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

This problem has appeared a couple of times on the mailing list
recently. Could you please try the following:
- rerun setup.exe and make sure that the package tetex-bin is
  selected (it should be by default, but seems to fail occasionally).
- If the tetex-bin package is installed and you still get the same
  problem, open the cygwin command window, run the commands:
cygcheck kpsewhich
printenv TEXMF
  and send the results back to the mailing list.

   /Mats

Mathias Biilmann Christensen wrote:

Hey,

I followed the instructions on this page: http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html to install Lillypond and Cygwin, but when I try to process the test.ly file I get the error: error: can't find `feta20.afm'

Regards
Mathias

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.2
Running lilypond-bin...
Now processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Fonts have not been installed properly.  Aborting

lilypond: error: LilyPond failed on input file test (exit status 1)
lilypond: warning: Running LilyPond failed. Rerun with --verbose for a trace.