Re: Midi2ly Was: Re: Finale for Linux?

From: Stefaan
Subject: Re: Midi2ly Was: Re: Finale for Linux?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:05:11 +0200

Python is overrated. C is easy, once you get the knack of it.

As a user of both languages, I can wholeheartedly recommend python
over C for the task of a midi to lilypond converter.

C is not impossibly difficult, I agree, but Python is more
expressive (i.e. in a practical sense, not in a theoretical one), allowing for much shorter and more readable code.

I'd say that Python is underrated ;)