Re: page break woes, ties, and more

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: page break woes, ties, and more
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:27:11 -0700

On 29-Aug-04, at 11:53 AM, Robinson P. Tryon 03 wrote:
Is this a common problem? Is "\newpage" a suggestion to lilypond/TeX that does
not necessarily need to be followed?

It's a bug.  I'm not certain if it's been fixed in the devel version yet
or not.

Is there something like \noBreak for \newpage ?  (\noNewpage ?)

Yes.  For the devel version,
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.3/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Page-breaking.html

I'm pretty certain that it exists for the 2.2 stream as well, but I don't have that manual bookmarked. It should be easy for you to find the relevant
section of the manual, though.  :)

I tried to put some italic and bold text in the "Header" section, but that didn't seem to work. I (ab)used the "poet" field to put some text on the LHS, and found out about subtitle and subsubtitle; simple tweaks are nice, but is there a way to have more control over the header layout without having to insert
the liypond doc into a separate TeX file?

Extra control over header layout is one of the big improvements in the upcoming
LilyPond 3.0.  I know that doesn't help you right now, though.

Is there an IRC channel for lilypond?

No.

Cheers,
- Graham