Preliminary bagpipe include file

From: Andrew McNabb
Subject: Preliminary bagpipe include file
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:55:11 -0600

I've made a ton of progress on bagpipe music for Lilypond.  I made a
file named bagpipe.ly which can be included to make a bagpipe mode, with
many of the tweaks that are needed to make things work right.  The page
is currently found at http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/linux/lilypond-ghb/
and it has several example outputs.  The preliminary bagpipe.ly include
file is at http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/linux/lilypond-ghb/bagpipe.ly
and a very simple file which uses it is at
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/linux/lilypond-ghb/ly/grace.ly

There are many obvious advantages of including files over using
templates.  Additionally, I've made it so that note values are true, so
midi output should now be at least less incorrect.  In bagpipe music the
key signature is traditionally omitted, and the previous bagpipe
template simply pretended that everything was in C-major, which would
make midi generate a C-natural instead of C-sharp and F-natural instead
of F-sharp.

The last major problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to set
a default key.  Right now I'm adding "\key a \mixolydian" to the notes
section of each file.  I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me
figure out how to set the default key in the bagpipe.ly file.

I don't claim to really know what I'm doing yet, so if you have any
recommendations or corrections, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for all of the help you've given so far.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/