Re: Is Upper/Lower case a factor in producing invalid page faults

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Is Upper/Lower case a factor in producing invalid page faults
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:47:19 +0200

The Cygwin version of Python doesn't seem to work correctly on
Windows 98. Unfortunately, this means that it's not possible to
use LilyPond on Windows 98 for he moment, since Python is used
in several parts of the program.

Wait a second, I searched the mailing lists for Cygwin and
found the following:
On the other hand, I also found:

You may want to check this more carefully at www.cygwin.com.

   /Mats

C. Burton wrote:
I have Lilypond up and running on a Win98SE system. This was no easy task, and I am still working out the details.

When I double click on a Lilypond file, I watch the upper left hand corner of the dos window as the file is being processed. Each time the name PYTHON (caps) appears, there is an invalid page fault error that is generated. The other times, when python appears (small letters) there is no error message. I remember reading somewhere that on some computer systems, as I recall it was UNIX, the file names are case sensitive. So I wonder if PYTHON is generating these errors? What is the cause of these errors and how can they be remedied?

The output is to an Adobe Acrobat *.pdf file, like it is now.

Coye

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems