Re: two versions of lilypond on same machine

From: Alois Steindl
Subject: Re: two versions of lilypond on same machine
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:56:17 +0200

On Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 13:00, Sean Reed wrote:
> hi.
>
> might anyone have a suggestion as to how to install two separate
> versions of lilypond (the current stable and the current unstable) on
> the same machine, and then be able to decide which version to run?
>[...]
> i'm on a mac with OS 10.3.5, and have been using fink to install
> lilypond, but can switch to a manual install from sources if need be.

Hello,
since nobody has considered that point up to now, I will do it, although I
have no idea how these things are done on the Mac (so this solution might
only work on WIndows and Unix machines):
You will also have to distinguish between two different texmf-trees, where the
style files (and also fonts etc. are stored)
In Unix and Windows you would have to declare a proper environment variable,
something roughly like
export TEXMF={/usr/share/lilypond-2.2.x,}

Good luck
Alois