Re: LilyPond error: ps2pdf not found

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LilyPond error: ps2pdf not found
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:57:50 +0200

The documentation for the options of convert-ly is slightly
unclear. Try to remove the '=' in the -f option:
convert-ly -e -f 1.6.8 `find . -name '*.ly' -print`

  /Mats

P Scott Horne wrote:
Thanks for your help.  I succeeded in installing ghostscript and was able to
build a sample LilyPond file.

Unfortunately, now I am experiencing another problem.  I wish to update some
old LilyPond files that I prepared with version 1.6.8.  (They cannot even be
built as they stand because they violate the syntax of the latest version.)
I tried running

        $ convert-ly -e -f=1.6.8 `find . -name '*.ly' -print`

and got the following error message:

        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 2199, in ?
            from_version = str_to_tuple (a)
          File "/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 91, in str_to_tuple
            return tuple (map (string.atoi, string.split (s,'.')))
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/string.py", line 220, in atoi
            return _int(s, base)
        ValueError: invalid literal for int(): =1

The same thing happened when I tried running  convert-ly  with a single
file.  I was, however, able to run it with no files (using such options
s  -s  and  -h),  so it does at least do something.

Any suggestions?  Does this look like a problem with  convert-ly  or a
defect in my  .ly  files? or perhaps another problem with installation?

Again, this is with Lilypond 2.2.5 for Windows.

Scott Horne