RE: LilyPond error: ps2pdf not found

From: P Scott Horne
Subject: RE: LilyPond error: ps2pdf not found
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:04:45 -0400

Thanks once more for your help.  I had indeed misunderstood the
documentation.  Removing the equality sign solved the problem.

I have two other issues to report.  The first seems to be a bug:

        \property Voice.Slur \set #'attachment = #'(stem . stem) ees'4 ( <f )
ais> }

was converted by  convert-ly  to

        { \override Slur   #'attachment = #'(stem . stem ees'4) ( <f ais>) }

Notice that the parentheses were incorrectly altered.  I was able to find
this error and correct the file by hand; I am reporting the problem only for
the benefit of the developers of  convert-ly.

The second problem is that my lyrics are rendered in Courier in the PDF
file.  Evidently the Computer Modern fonts could not be found (by
ghostscript, presumably):

        CMR8 not found, using Courier.
        CMB10 not found, using Courier.

Their metrics, however, were found, for the spacing of characters and the
positioning of diacritical marks are those of CM.

What is peculiar is that the other text, such as the title and all markings
within the music (such as "Maestoso" and "cresc."), are correctly presented
in CM.  Even the stanza numbers that precede the lyrics are in CM.  Only the
lyrics themselves are in Courier.

Running  ps2pdf  by hand gives the same result, though with no error
messages.

I assume that merely adding a directory to a path somewhere will solve this
problem, but I cannot figure out where to make the settings.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Scott Horne