Re: Quarter and eigth notes look alike

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Quarter and eigth notes look alike
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:47:02 +0200

How do you view the output? Do you look at the DVI, PS or PDF file
or at the printed output?

Did you compile LilyPond yourself or install a compiled package?

Most of the objects, like note heads, accidentals and flags, in the
printed output are typset using a font, whereas beams and slurs, for
example, are typeset using postscript code. So, to help us help you
it's important to know what kind of errors you see. The best is
actually if you can put a small example PDF file (or whatever format)
on a web page, since attachments are filtered away from the mailing
list.

   /Mats

R. D. Davis wrote:
Has anyone else had a problem with quarter and eigth notes looking alike
in the postscript output for Lilypond 2.2?  If it makes any difference,
I'm using the FreeBSD version.  Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Back when I was using V1.8, this didn't happen, and the output was
much cleaner looking... hoping to hear that I'm doing something wrong
and that there's a simple solution to this.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology