vertical spacing and global font sizes

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: vertical spacing and global font sizes
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

I'm working on a score, copying from an old edition and trying to mimic the original layout as much as possible. I'm using v2.2.6.

Because the header information takes up a fair bit of space, I'm trying to figure out how to make the vertical spacing of the first page different than the spacing of the subsequent pages. \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent works beautifully, but attempts to use it twice have proven futile.

Thank you,

Josiah