Re: Adding Text After Music

From: Jennifer Clark
Subject: Re: Adding Text After Music
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:03:50 +0100

> > The scoring is coming along, but I'd like to add notes about solos
> > etc. at the bottom of the music. I know how to attach text related to
> > the score itself, e.g. "D.S. al fine" and so on, but this is not
> > actually related to any musical event so seems less clear to me.
>
> You could try using the copyright, footer, or tagline headers -- those
> appear on the
> bottom of the score.

Thanks Graham, I tried that but had no luck - when inserting markup the text
dissappeared - but will try again.

> If you want to do anything fancy, though, I recommend looking at
> lilypond-book.

I noticed that in the manual, but it is pretty over specified for what I am
looking for. What I want to say is something along these lines:-

Intro: repeat section A->B twice
Solo on section C->D. After solos, go to $

It seems that the footer/copyright/tagline options would be most
appropriate.

Jennifer