Re: Rehearsal Marks

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Rehearsal Marks
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:15:11 +0200

It seems that the solution proposed in the rehearsal-mark-number.ly
example in Regression Tests is unnecessarily complicated. It's easier
to reuse the existing formating functions for numbers or letters and
just add the box around it:

  \set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark  context)
        (make-box-markup (format-mark-letters mark context)))
for boxed letters and

  \set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark  context)
        (make-box-markup (format-mark-numbers mark context)))
for boxed numbers.

  /Mats

Jennifer Clark wrote:
My apologies for yet another question, I have tried to resolve this myself but
cannot find the answer. Here's the situation - I can create rehearsal marks:-

With letters, boxed, by manually adding text
With letters, unboxed, automatically
With numbers, unboxed, automatically
With numbers, boxed, automatically (example in the manual)

What I'm looking for is letters, boxed, automatically. Is this possible?

BTW, I tried out the the charts I prepared with lilypond last week with our
jazz combo last night, and received no negative comments whatsoever about the
layout - praise indeed, believe me. So congratulations on a good program!

Thanks again,
Jennifer

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing