Re: transparent ledger lines?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: transparent ledger lines?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:14:16 +0200

It seems that the LedgerLineSpanner that was introduced in
version 2.3.8, is a somewhat special beast, since one and the
same LedgerLineSpanner object handles all ledger lines in the
full score (actually, I think there will be one for each
line, but they are all clones of each other). Just as for any
other spanner object, it means that you cannot change its
properties once it has been created, at least not using
\override.
If you try to move your setting to the top of the score, you
will find that it applies to the whole score.

I actually don't know how to change the setting for just a
short part of the life time of the spanner. The manual just
describes how to intercept a spanner at line breaks.

   /Mats

B.Gibson wrote:
Thank you for such a great software!
I have been trying to make ledger lines transparent when using \hideNotes. I found a mail related to that problem
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-06/msg00228.html)
and I was wondering if a solution had been found. I thought that
" \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t " would work.

Thanks

B. Gibson

lilypond 2.3.16
mac X 10.3.5

\paper {
 linewidth = 160 \mm
 indent = 0.0\mm
 raggedright = ##t
}
{
c'''2
\hideNotes
\override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t
c'''

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems