vertical spacing problem

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: vertical spacing problem
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:44:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, all,

I'd like to change either the vertical spacing or the global staff size after page one, and can't figure out a way to do that. If I have the spacing such that p.1 fits three systems, p.2 has a glaringly large white space at the bottom. To see what I'm talking about, you can download from the following urls the first two pages of the score (in .png or .pdf, depending on your preference).

http://students.washington.edu/josiah/lilypond/ricercare-page1.png
http://students.washington.edu/josiah/lilypond/ricercare-page2.png
http://students.washington.edu/josiah/lilypond/ricercare-pages-1-2.pdf

The following is from my .ly, and I haven't been successful at trying to set the global staff size more than once, and same with setting the Staff.minimumVerticalExtent.

\version "2.2.6"

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

global = \notes {
    \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-5 . 5)