Re: slur attachment

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: slur attachment
Date: 19 Sep 2004 19:44:20 +0000

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 11:05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> David Bobroff writes:
>
> > I took the \override command directly from the current docs
>
> Where did you find this, that's a bug.  I've just removed it from some
> examples.

Well, now I can't find it.  I'm pretty sure I got it from my local copy
of the LilyPond website which I last built on 11 September for version
2.3.16.  Perhaps it is no longer in the latest edition of the docs.

> > but it is having no
> > effect.  In the output it is attached to the heads at both ends.
>
> I think the new slurs are not tweakable yet, but there is much less
> reason for it with the new slur engine.
>
> We'll definitely want to allow tweaking of slurs at some point, but we
> want full control and sensible tweaks.
>
> Jan.

I see.  Well, I would definitely like to be able to tweak the occasional
slur.  Thanks for the info.

-David