Re: Polyphonic Rest Positions and partial \longa

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Polyphonic Rest Positions and partial \longa
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:49:06 +0200

For the rest position, you could also reset the extra setting
introduced by <<{...} // {...}>>:

normalRests = {
  \revert Rest  #'direction
  \revert MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position

<< { s4 f g g } // { \normalRests r4 g g g } >>

   /Mats

D Josiah Boothby wrote:
Hello there,

You might try (for the first question):

r4 << { f g g } // { g g g } >>

as this does the same thing, but doesn't split into polyphony. Another alternative can be found under heading 3.1.5 (Rests) in the manual, namely assigning a note-value to the rest (so if you're in treble clef, you might try b4\rest).

As to the other question, you can multiply your duration value by a fraction to get what you want. For example, I've done this:

c\breve*1/2

to get a breve in a 2/2 measure.

Josiah