\open with fingering

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: \open with fingering
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:17:10 +1000

I'm using lilypond 2.3.16 and whenever I use \open with a fingering (eg
c-3\open), it puts the O above the notehead and below the fingering. Is
there a way I can put the O above the fingering? (Or below the fingering
if the fingering is below the notehead). When I'm using two
articulations, I can swap them by simply changing their order in the
source file (ie. by changing ---> to ->--), but this doesn't work for
fingering and \open.
Thanks,
Joe