Lyrics -- Left align a word / wordblock

From: Trent J
Subject: Lyrics -- Left align a word / wordblock
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:25:16 +1000

Hello...

Firstly thanks to those who helped me with my previous question.

My new question is this....

Monteverdi (and several other baroque composers and modern ones) can sometimes put a whole string of text to be sung on the one note...

eg.

g\longa
"Donec ponam inimicos"

what I end up with is the word being centred on the note and it intrudes quite a lot into the previous bar causing that bar to become overly long as well....

eg..

"Donec ponam inimicos"

Is there a way that I can align these lyrics so that words are actually left aligned...

 | "Donec ponam inimicos" |  etc.....

so that the words actually up the space of the bar that it is in.

BTW .. I'm using Lilypond version 2.2.5 under XP Professional...

Thanks again... any help appreciated...

Trent

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail