Re: Lilypond won't float

From: Jack Mason
Subject: Re: Lilypond won't float
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:48:52 -0400

Alex: I took out the \notes and got the pdf output  thank you

Someone should change the

2.2 Running LilyPond
In the last section we explained what kind of things you could enter in
a LilyPond file. In this section we will explain what commands to run
and how to view or print the output. If you have not used LilyPond
before, want to test your setup, or want to run an example file
yourself, read this section. The instructions that follow are for
Unix-like systems. Some additional instructions for Microsoft Windows
are given at the end of this section.

Begin by opening a terminal window and starting a text editor. For
example, you could open an xterm and execute joe1. In your text editor,
enter the following input and save the file as test.ly

     \score {
       \notes { c'4 e' g' }
     }

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Running-LilyPond.html#Running%20LilyPond