MIDI and Lyrics

From: Michiel Lange
Subject: MIDI and Lyrics
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:53:49 +0200

Hello all,

If I'm correct (which is always the question) one can add lyrics to a midi file so they can be showed during playback. Kind of like karaoke style... (if the player supports it of course)

when I write a song with lilypond including lyrics, and generate a midifile ou tof it, however, those lyrics do not appear... is that a special setting you need to add, or does lilypond not support this (yet)?

I'm running lilypond 2.2.0 and the song very globally looks like this:

<< \notes \new staff { a b c d }
   \lyricsto \new Lyrics=A \lyrics {a b c d}

\paper {}
\midi {}

Maybe this shortens my search for how to get this done...

TIA

Michiel