Re: \repeat volta > 2

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \repeat volta > 2
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:37:32 +0200

What kind of notation did you expect? As far as I know, there is
no well-established standard notation for repeats that are repeated
more than two times and that don't have any alternative endings.
You could easily add a ^"Repeat 4 times" or whatever in the score.

Still, LilyPond will care about the number when it generates MIDI
if you use the unfold-repeats function (see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#unfold-all-repeats.ly)
Also, the number matters if you use some other option of \repeat,
such as \repeat unfold or \repeat tremolo.

   /Mats

Mark Veltzer wrote:
Hello all!

When I do something like:

\repeat volta 4 {
 <some lilypond music here>
}

With no alternative endings.

The repeat marks appear in the output but with NO INDICATION what so ever that the repeat should happen 4. times. Does lilypond just junk away the number given after volta ?

Cheers,
 Mark.

P.S. Please subscribe me on replies as I am not a member of the list.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology