Re: build of Lilypond 2.3.20

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: build of Lilypond 2.3.20
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:53:34 +0200

Hi Victor,

> test.ly:2:12: error: unknown escaped string: `\notes':
>       \notes
>              <<
>
> test.ly:2:11: error: parse error, unexpected STRING:
>       \note
>            s <<

This was answered a couple of days back on the mailing list.

Try convert-ly --help...

convert-ly needs to know for what version of lilypond your file has been write
for in order to convert it.
You can either put a \version "x.x.x" statement in your lilypond file or use the
--from=version convert-ly's switch.

The short answer is: just delete the \notes, and it will work, as far as I can
tell.

This should be changed on the web pages as well...

Hope this helps,

Christ van Willegen