Be part of a national project...

From: HK
Subject: Be part of a national project...
Date: Tuesday, 5 Oct 2004 14:26:33

Dear Educator,

Recently, reports (for example, "No Child Left Behind") have documented concerns and needs in mathematics education. One thing is certain: teaching mathematics beyond the fundamental level is necessary to educate young people in a scientific and technologically sophisticated society.

As part of a national project to design opportunities for mathematicians to share mathematics that enriches our students and in a creative way teaches both the fundatmentals and stretches them to enjoy news ways of doing mathematics, we are broadcasting two lectures by Dr. Willie Taylor and Dr. Llayron Clarkson, both of whom have trained teachers of mathematics for many years.

We wish to invite you to be a part of the TSU-MET II Math Assessment for High Schools and Middle Schools. As a participant you will become a part of the team of educators who appreciate the potential of the use of Internet TV, which is a cost effective method for educational television in the 21st century.

Thank you.

TSU-MET II Team

To be part of the team use this link http://www.gfx-video.net/math/intro.asp