Re: Tried your suggestions.

From: Michiel Lange
Subject: Re: Tried your suggestions.
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:06:09 +0200

In addition to that:
Can it be that cygwin is installed in a directory with spaces in it? (eg c:\documents and settings\...\...) ? The problem may be there, try to uninstall cygwin and install it in a directory without spaces (eg c:\cygwin\) Also remember that cygwin does not really know drive letters... they are sampled to a /cygrdrive/ directory, but I don't know how far that really goes...

try to change directory first (eg cd d: && cd music && lilypond lily3)

Michiel
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
I tried again on WinXP calling a simpler directory than "Documents and
Settings"; but got the same results.  Here are a few tries.

Input file:  'lily3.ly':
 \score {
     \notes {
       \time 3/4
        \clef bass
        c2 e4 g2.
        f4 e d c2 r4

\score {
      \notes {
        \time 3/4
        \clef treble
        c2 e4 g2.
        f4 e d c2 r4
Output from cygwin; the log file is empty:

address@hidden ~
$ lilypond lily3.ly

can you try to see what happens if you put lily3.ly into your Cygwin
home directory (i.e.: c:\Cygwin\home\SCordisn ), and run the above
command?