Re: Toccata filter

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Toccata filter
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:39:50 +0200

On Sunday 10 October 2004 00.11, Michiel Lange wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been looking all over the internet, so I know chances are small...
> but one who does not try, will never score...
> But until I found lilypond I wrote my music in a program named
> "Toccata". Is there any chance that there's an import filter for toccata
> (.toc) files into lilypond? Point is that I cannot find my toccata CD
> anymore, and I would really love to finish my compositions... I fear I
> have to keep searching, but maybe there's someone here that has heard of
> the program and has cleared this obstacle before... somehow...
>
> if there's no chance to get this done, I would also like to hear, as it
> would mean that I don't have to look further and may as well keep
> looking for my cd...

The closest you can come, is probably to let Toccata export the music to
a .MIDI file, which you then can import to lilypond using midi2ly. This only
requires that you find someone who has toccata installed, which might be
easier than finding your cd (I noticed also that toccata has a downloadable
demo version at http://www.rubisoft.com/toccata/download.htm. If you are
lucky, this demo can export midi files).

You are also very welcome to write your own toc2ly import filter, of course.

Erik