Re: Staff Changes

From: Yuval Harel
Subject: Re: Staff Changes
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:10:51 +0200

Well, I thought that this was what I tried, but then it didn't work and now it does...
Thanks.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:18:53 +0200, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't understand what you tried, the following example is
equivalent to your example and uses variables.

rh= \context Staff = RH \notes {
                 g \change Staff=LH f
             }

\score {
     \notes \transpose c c' {
         \context PianoStaff = PS <<
             \context Staff = RH {}
             \context Staff = LH {}
            \rh

Yuval Harel wrote:
Hello,
I've been trying to move a voice across staffs. I looked at the documentation at: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Manual-staff-switches.html#Manual%20staff%20switches but couldn't get that to work. Even before getting to the staff change itself, I couldn't get the staffs defined before they are used, unless
they're in the same \score block.
 What I did manage to get to work is this:
 \score {
    \notes \transpose c c' {
        \context PianoStaff = PS <<
            \context Staff = RH {}
            \context Staff = LH {}
            \context Staff = RH {
                g \change Staff=LH f

But then I can't put the music inside variables before the score, because it uses \change.
How do I make this work? Is there any example of this?
 Thanks,
    Yuval