Re: two questions

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: two questions
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:54:41 +0100

Hi,
Sorry if this has already been answered, but SPAM makes my spam filter
kill every other digest or so... :(

I tried to answer your first question with the following solution, which
is to use \relative in your notes blocks, which should fixed the octaves
of you notes at source.
However, it doesn't work as I expected! It renders each part on separate
staff contexts!!?!?

Anybody know why?

------------------8<------------------8<---
foo = \notes \relative c''
{
    c4 d e f g a b c r4
}

bar = \notes \relative c''
{
    e4 b c d a g
}

\score {\notes
{
    \foo
    \bar
    \foo
    \bar
    \foo
    \bar
}
------------------8<------------------8<---

I tried this on 2.2.6.

Regards,
Ralph

--------------------------------------
address@hidden
www.tribaldata.co.uk
...or see what I do in my spare time:
www.skelmanthorpeband.org
--------------------------------------

"Man who shoot off mouth... expect to lose face."

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of
our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.