Re: How to get it working.

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: How to get it working.
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:15:44 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Christ van Willegen <address@hidden> writes
Sarah wrote:

WinXP saves Lilypond input code as *.txt, no matter what; and I can't get it
to calm down.

Do you edit this in Notepad? Here's a tip if you di use it: Enclose the filename
in the save dialog in""... When you save a file as "test.ly" with the quotes
included, it will be saved as test.ly on disk. When you just type test.ly in the
save dialog, Windows will save it as test.ly.txt, rendering the binding of
Lilypond to .ly files not working.

Or change "file type" (I don't use notepad - I guess it has it) to "all files".

But that's why it's adding ".txt" - it's assuming you're editing a text file, you haven't told it otherwise, so it "helpfully" adds the "correct" extension :-(

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.