Re: Dot collides with 2nd below

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Dot collides with 2nd below
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:45:45 +0200

First of all, I recommend you to upgrade to the latest stable version,
just run the setup.exe and it will automatically upgrade the packages
where newer versions are available. Then, read in the manual on how
to use convert-ly to update your input files to the syntax changes.

Unfortunately, the bug you describe has survived even to the latest
development version, so I send a copy to the bug-lilypond mailing
list as well.

One workaround, is to manually move the dotted note to the right
using
{\once \property Voice.NoteColumn \override #'force-hshift = #1.5
   f4. f8}
(I hope \once was introduced in version 1.8).

   /Mats

David Boothe wrote:
I've looked in the docs, the mail-list archive and "Tips &
Tricks" on how to get around this problem, but to no avail.
 Maybe I've just missed it.

The example below produces a collision between the dot on
the 'f' and the note head of the 'e.'  In fact, the 'e'
almost completely hides the dot.

\dotsUp does not seem to have any affect.

Any suggestions?

I am using 1.8.1 under cygwin.

Thanks in advance.

-David.

======

\header {
   tagline = "Dotted note h-spacing problem in LilyPond"
}

\version "1.8.1"

% Using different output sizes makes no difference.
\include "paper20.ly"

\score {
   \notes {
         \context Staff = sample \relative f' {