Re: Setup.exe

From: J. Daniel Ashton
Subject: Re: Setup.exe
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:58:11 -0400

Dennis O'Toole wrote:

>Sorry for the direct email, but I can't find setup
>help anywhere.
>
>In running setup.exe, it requires that I select a
>download site, but I don't recognize any of the ones
>listed.  Arbitrary selections fail.

I generally get good results from kernel.org or nasa.gov.  If you can
identify sites that are near you, start with those.

In general, FTP is slightly faster, but fall back to the HTTP sites if
you seem to be having firewall problems.

I strongly recommend that on the first pass you install exactly the
packages that Cygwin selects by default: don't add or remove any
packages from the first install.  After that installation finishes, run
setup again to add lilypond, vi or whatever packages interest you.

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org
mailto:address@hidden         http://ChamberMusicWeekend.org