paper size in 2.2.23 manual

From: Paul Scott
Subject: paper size in 2.2.23 manual
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:48:38 -0700

This (2.2.23) is unclear to me:

       7.5.10 paper size

To change the paper size, there are two commands,

            #(set-default-paper-size "a4")
            \layout{
               #(set-paper-size "a4")
            }

The second one sets the size of the |\layout| block that it is in

___________________

If I want all pages to be "xyz" do I just #(set-default-paper-size "xyz") ?
Should this read more like:

To change the paper for all pages:

   #(set-default-paper-size "a4")

To set the paper size for pages contained in a particular layout block:

            \layout{
               #(set-paper-size "a4")
            }
______________
or

To change the paper size, there are two commands,

#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
\layout{
#(set-paper-size "a4")
}

The first one sets the size of all pages. The second one sets the size of the |\layout| block that it is in.

________

Thanks,

Paul Scott