Mutopia's Erik Satie gymnopedie_1 and _2 lilypond files could not be con

From: Ruud van SIlfhout
Subject: Mutopia's Erik Satie gymnopedie_1 and _2 lilypond files could not be converted
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:54:22 +0200

,

A short time ago I volunteered to help Mutopia to get the
'old' versions of the lilypond files 'up-to-date' by
converting them to version 2.2.5 of lilypond.
Up-to-date versions help both lilypond (as these files are
good examples of what can be done using lilypond) and
Mutopia (to spread the free music).

I just converted the files attached to this mail and run it
through lilypond. I made some 'more or less' standard
changes to the files, but the resulting output is not the
same as the version published on the Mutopia web site.
The problems are:
1. there are a lot of rest-collisions, which do not only
give translation warning (gymnopedie_1), but are also not
very appealing
2. dynamics spanners that collide with slurs

Could you help me out to get these errors out? Once you have
a version that is satisfactory, mail it please to
'contributions(at)Mutopiaproject.org'.

Bye,
Ruud van Silfhout
Mutopia Maintainer.
email: Ruud.vanSilfhout(at)Mutopia.project.org

PS. I crossposted this to the lilypond-user group as the
rest collision problem is something that lilypond has done
better in the past.