Re: AW: Where is it?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: AW: Where is it?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:12:01 +0200

Even easier is to follow the instructions at
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html
and simply double-click on a .ly file.
Note that the LilyPond program is very different from most
other programs you have seen in Windows. Also, it's one of
these programs where you should not expect to be able to do
anything useful before you have read the full tutorial.

   /Mats

Francois Planiol-Auger wrote:
Hi Mirjam!

Open Cygwin, it is a like bash shell.
In there invoque some editor in writing there an editor name (for example
pico and the name of the file you want to type so it pico mymusic.ly),
return and type in there your music ; save (in pico: writeout), quit and
invoque lilypond in this bash like (something like lilypond mymusic.ly).

Have fun!

François

By the way: Did you specify you wanted lilypond when donwloading?