Help wanted: editor web-page!

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Help wanted: editor web-page!
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:16:38 +0200

Hi,

I thought it would be neat if we could help aspiring LilyPond users
select the best environment for them to work in. I think that newbie
users would be helped a lot if there were a webpage that lists

* all text-editors with LilyPond support
(emacs, vim, jedit, ... ? )

* all (MIDI) keyboard entry  utilities
(rumor, lyqi, ? )

* all GUIs with LilyPond support
(rosegarden, denemo, noteedit, .. ?)

* all formats where we have conversion utilites (abc, etf, ..  ?)

such a page would briefly discuss each solution, show a couple of nice
screenshots, and explain what platforms it runs, where to get more
information and where to download the stuff.

Are there anyone who would like to create such an overview?