Re: Help wanted: editor web-page!

From: Chip
Subject: Re: Help wanted: editor web-page!
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:02:01 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Hi,

I thought it would be neat if we could help aspiring LilyPond users
select the best environment for them to work in. I think that newbie
users would be helped a lot if there were a webpage that lists

* all text-editors with LilyPond support
(emacs, vim, jedit, ... ? )

* all (MIDI) keyboard entry  utilities
(rumor, lyqi, ? )

* all GUIs with LilyPond support
(rosegarden, denemo, noteedit, .. ?)

* all formats where we have conversion utilites (abc, etf, ..  ?)

such a page would briefly discuss each solution, show a couple of nice
screenshots, and explain what platforms it runs, where to get more
information and where to download the stuff.

Are there anyone who would like to create such an overview?

Who would provide the content? Is there a specific style sheet to use (I would assume there would be one so the page matches the existing lilypond web site)? How would the completed page be handled (sent as a zipped file to a particular person, or would this person be given ftp access to a server?)?
--
Chip
www.wiegand.org