Re: PDF

From: Peter Shand
Subject: Re: PDF
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:49:46 +0100

Peter Shand sent the following on 27/10/2004 20:55:

Hi,

I downloaded LilyPond a few weeks ago, tested it (using the test.ly download) and all was well. Now I find that it will process files but not convert them to pdf/ps/dvi and not save them.

The only major change in my set up in the intervening time was installing SP2 (obviously I'm using Windows XP). I'd very much appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Shand

Thanks to the three of you for your help. I eventually solved the problem by running the test.ly manually (rather than just clicking on the file on the desktop). That gave me some error info from the Cygwin pane, specifically Win32 error 487, which allowed me to do a Google search. Installing rebase from Cygwin and running the command Rebaseall did the trick. The site URL which suggested this, for your reference, was:

Thanks again for taking time to advise me.