Re: Font problems in 2.3.24

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Font problems in 2.3.24
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:09:28 +1000

Thanks for your reply. I've just had a closer look at a few things, and I found a log file named missfont.log in my project directory, which contains the line

mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000 --dpi 8000 ecrm1000

Does this give any clues as to the problem?

Cameron

Alexandre Beneteau wrote:
Hello,

I have similars problem using like you lily 2.3.24 (Debian Sid) from Pedro's repository, having installed latest ec-fonts-mftraced and cleaned my var/cache/fonts.
To complete your bug-report, I would notice that :

At default staff size :

- dvi produced by lily is correctly displayed in xdvi (but not by kdvi which does not find music-drawing-routines.ps, but I guess it's another history !) - ps produced by lily is correctly displayed by gv but grace notes and fermatas on bars are not correctly displayed (> like you for the firsts and L for fermata !)
- pdf produced by lily has the same problems with gv and acroread.

At other staff size :

- dvi is correctly handled in xdvi
- other formats have the mess you describe.

Anybody has an idea about the source of the problem ?
Is it a debian-package problem or lily's fault ?
TIA,

    Alex.

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

Hi folks,

I've just downloaded Lilypond 2.3.24 (Debian Sid) from Pedro's repository. I had a few font problems, which I fixed by upgrading to the latest ec-fonts-mftraced, also from Pedro's site.

Now, however, when I use a global staff size less than 20 points I get greater-than signs and other math symbols in the place of note heads, and a lot of other notation is similarly affected.

Here's a fairly minimal case score that has the dud behaviour:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.3.22" % this should be 2.3.24
#(set-global-staff-size 18) % the problem happens for all numbers less than 20

\layout {
     papersize = "a4"
    }
\score {
    {
    \clef treble % No clef appears
    a4 b c' d'

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

(Less important: You may also notice that convert-ly-snapshot didn't change the version number correctly -- the original file this is based on was 2.2.6, and I'm pretty sure I'm using 2.3.24)

Thanks for your help folks,

Cameron