Re: acciacatura at the beginning of a measure

From: dax2
Subject: Re: acciacatura at the beginning of a measure
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:31:16 +0100

Erik Sandberg helped Victor Miller, who wrote:

> > I have a vocal line which has an acciacatura at the beginning of a

I have tried out (to learn setup/acciaccaturae etc.) and the
Miller example needed some end-brace and some notes in second
voice. Here it comes as an example for myself and other interested
not-so-much beginners. Before using as a tutorial model we should
add comments explaining context voice and pianostaff (and remove
superfluous comments).

%% Victor S. Miller wrote 2004-10-30 and Erik Sandberg answered
%% with some correction included below.
%% Here's a file that shows acciaccatura before first note
%% and besides is a nice model for piano and voice:

 \version "2.3.23"  %% You need this for automatic upgrading with convert-ly

 V =  \relative c' {
     \key g \major
     \clef "G_8"
     \time 4/4
     \acciaccatura c64 d2. r8 g, | %9
 }

 T =  \relative c' {
     \key g \major
     \time 4/4
     %% Erik Sandberg added:
     \grace s64
     \times 2/3 {
       d'4~ <d, d'>~ <d g d'>~
     }
       <d g d'>2 | %9
 }

 B =  \relative c {
     \key g \major
     \time 4/4
     %% Erik Sandberg added:
     \grace s64
     b1 | %9
 }

 \score {
     <<
       \context Voice = "A"
       {  \V }
       \context PianoStaff  <<
           \context Staff = "up" {
               \new Voice
               \T
           }
           \context Staff = "down" {
                \clef bass
               \B
           }

     \layout { }
 }
 \paper {
    raggedright = ##t
 }

%% you can get the file from
%% http://d-axel.dk/pub/download/lilys/miller-1.ly-2.3.24
%% http://d-axel.dk/pub/download/lilys/miller-1.ly-2.3.pdf
%% OBS: My filenaming scheme will be changed soon, need some ideas
%% for signalling source version number and lilypond version number
%% in the filename.

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel