Re: lines/graphic notation?

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: lines/graphic notation?
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 03:27:02 -0800 (PST)

I don't think that the attachment worked right. The example can be seen at

http://students.washington.edu/josiah/oscillation1.png

josiah

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, D Josiah Boothby wrote:

Hello, all,

I'd like to draw a (visually simple) oscillation line over a note. I realize it would probably require a knowledge of postscript... but I don't have any idea where to start with postscript. Ideally, the line would change direction at specific enough points so that they can be aligned in the measure with other things going on.

I've included a Gimp-edited example which gives a basic idea as to what I'm trying to acheive. If at all possible, it would be ideal if I could set it up like a lyric staff:

oscillation = { s4\instruction1 s16\instruction2 s\instruction3 ... }
notes = { bes1 }

...and end up putting them together, as I mentioned above like lyrics.

Any ideas on how I can do this, or where to look to learn postscript?

Thanks,

Josiah