harmonics

From: goochrules!
Subject: harmonics
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:44:54 -0700

I'm attempting to transcribe a piece for electric bass that contains a
lot of harminic notes ("Portrait of Tracy" by Jaco Pastorius) using a
bass staff and a tablature staff.  I've run into three issues:

1) I want to turn off the stems on the tablature staff; all I want to
see are the fret numbers on the appropriate string.

2) In my opinion the numbers on the tablature staff are too low, I
wish to raise them up about 1/4 of the height of the number.

3) Most of the harmonic notesheads display as normal noteheads and I
get a message: "warning: Junking event: `HarmonicEvent':".  I have
concluded that this is because it is a single note, rather than a
chord as the documentation
(http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Harmonic-notes.html)
provies as an example.  Some of these harmonics are played by holding
a string at one fret and resting on the string at a second (so I
suppose I could invent some notation to describe this action using two
notes), but most of the harmonics are played open.  Any ideas?

I can attach my source if necessary.

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- address@hidden